The importance of permeable ground stabilization cannot be overstated.
From erosion control to providing a firm and reliable layer of support for construction projects, roads, and other important areas, ground stabilization matters more than many people may think.
And when it comes to reliable, permeable ground stabilization, Ecoraster products are the only way to go. Ecoraster products are environmentally friendly, made from 100 percent recyclable materials, and built to withstand the elements in even the toughest conditions.
B8 Ventures is Canada’s leading, exclusive supplier of Ecoraster permeable ground stabilization matting for a variety of practical applications. From barnyards to horse arenas, construction sites to roads, landscaping to oil fields, this erosion control matting is durable enough to withstand elements, harsh chemicals, and intense weight at all times.
Sounds good to be true, right? Well it isn’t. In fact, it’s easier than you might think to install Ecoraster products into the ground where you need them the most. Keep reading to learn more about how to install Ecoraster matting and contact B8 Ventures today to place your order.
The Ecoraster E-Series
First of all, what is the Ecoraster E-series? Simply put, it’s the most revolutionary way to achieve permeable ground stabilization in a way which doesn’t compromise your foundation or the soil around it. With sturdy, interlocking cells, this “geogrid” system allows for soil to be tightly secured to provide structural support and erosion control while also preventing the migration of potentially hindering infill materials.
Developed with the latest and greatest in geogrid technology, Ecoraster products are build to withstand harsh temperatures, chemicals, and UV rays. And because they are made from 100 percent recyclable materials, Ecoraster products are lightweight, reusable, and above all environmentally friendly.
Among the E-series product offerings are:
- Ecoraster E30: The E30 is among the most lightweight, yet sturdy, permeable ground stabilization solutions out there. Suitable for use as hot tub matting, nature path stabilization, equestrian arenas, and more, Ecoraster E30 matting is as versatile as it is reliable.
- Ecoraster E40: Quick to install and built for long-lasting support, the E40 line is ideal for stabilizing driveways, parking lots, roads, and other similar flooring.
- Ecoraster E50: The most heavy duty line, the Ecoraster E50 withstands intense, high-traffic areas and construction sites with a lot going on. The E50 is also great for parking lots, oil and mining sites, road shoulder reinforcement, and more.
Installing E-Series Matting
Ecoraster products were designed with convenience and simple installation in mind. In order to help you get the most out of your permeable ground stabilization project, we put together these handy instructions to help guide you through the process.
Ecoraster matting comes in preassembled 3×4 sheets. The grid features interlocking tabs which should be put together prior to filling with dirt/soil. It’s recommended that the soil or fill material used is “clear,” that way water can flow easily through the matting to allow the base to remain nurtured. With that in mind, here’s what you can do to prepare for installation:
- Ensure that the area is flat, though it doesn’t have to necessarily be level.
- Excavate the area and create a sub-base (typically four to six inches, though this will vary based upon load requirements and intended use; check with a soil engineer to be certain about the depth before starting your project).
Once the area is prepared, installation of the Ecoraster matting is simple.
- Step 1: Place a sheet of Ecoraster in the corner of the project with the tabs facing inwards (i.e. tabs in the direction of area to be filled). This placement allows you to set the next sheet of grid down over the exposed tabs.
- Step 2: Lay an entire row of Ecoraster along the width of the area first, locking the tabs in place.
- Step 3: Go back to the original corner piece and lay a row of Ecoraster along the length of the area, locking the tabs in place. Once this is complete you should have formed an L shaped area of completed grid. The tabs should always be facing in the direction of the area to be filled.
- Step 4: Lay the remaining sheets down row by row, making sure that the tabs are locked into place before moving on to the next.
And that’s it! Once your grid is complete, you have a reliable, permeable ground stabilization unit. Keep in mind that the matting may expand in hot temperatures, and running a plate compactor over the area after installation may help it settle properly.
Download the full Ecoraster installation PDF to learn more, or contact B8 Ventures today to place your order and get started.